Special Education Teachers (Grades 9-12)INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
Passionate Special Education Educators Grades 9-12 are needed at the K12 partner school,Louisiana Virtual Charter School (LAVCA). We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of LAVCA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructionalmodel. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
We have openings for Special Education Teachers Grades 9-12 for the 2018 -2019 School Year. Join our team and thrive in a career with a team that values your contributions everyday!
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Leading students through successful course completion
* Building a virtual environment conducive to learning
* Prioritizing student needs so that each child may reach their fullest potential
* Partnering with parents and colleagues to manage course goals, curriculum, and materials that best benefit the individual needs of each student.
* Creating strategies to engage and nurture student learning and student relationships
* Promoting creativity and excitement in the virtual learning environment
Get to know LAVCA!
* Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for threeweeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learningmanagement system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.Requirements
* Minimum six (6) months teaching experience
* Bachelor's degree
* Appropriate State certification
* Meets state's NCLB's Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Experience working in a virtual environment.
* Experience working with the proposed age group.
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
* Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
* Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
WHO ARE WE?
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright ? K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.
Associated topics: aided education, behavioral analysis, behavioral health, deaf, difficult, disorder, exacerbate, hard, special education, special need education