DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Events Services Manager / Outlet Manager
PREPARED / REVISED: June 2015
Responsible for setting and resetting the tables, assists with clearing tables, maintains the cleanliness of the event room, storage areas, and back of house areas. Assists the Event bussers where needed.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set tables, hotel decorations, and place settings according to specifications of the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Communicate needs and ideas to management.
- Maintain organization of storage facilities.
- Ensure proper handling of furniture as to prevent injury and damage.
- Works in a timely manner to meet all deadlines and event start times.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of Atelier & Ace Culture & initiatives.
- Must be able to flex schedule based on business demands.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma preferred. Previous experience in a hotel and/or restaurant preferred.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL, and REASONING ABILITIES
Candidate must meet the following cognitive abilities:
- Ability to understand guests service needs & requests.
- Ability to acknowledge guests requests in a polite manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written English (additional foreign languages are encouraged and preferred).
- Ability to apply logical thinking and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to address and solve problems involving guest and operational issues.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The typical environment is an office atmosphere with ambient room temperatures, ambient lighting, and common office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, walk, and stand continuously.
- Lift / carry 25lbs (frequently) and 50lbs (occasionally)
- Bend, squat, crawl, and reach above shoulder level.
- Use dominate hand coordination for simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dampness, height, and moving machinery.
Associated topics: analytical chemistry, atom, epigenetic, fibroblast, materials chemistry, math, natural science, physiology, statistics, trigonometry